Saudi executes 7 for armed robbery
Riyadh, March 13, 2013
Saudi Arabia on Wednesday executed seven men for an armed robbery committed when they were under 18, state media reported.
The seven, sentenced to death in 2009 for a crime committed in 2006, had been due to die last week, but were granted a stay of execution while the authorities reviewed their case.
The men, from Asir Province in the south of Saudi Arabia, were convicted of robbing a jewellery store.- Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain inks key sports deal
- US commitment to ME security proven, says Pentagon chief
- GCC 'should have been consulted on Iran deal'
- Jordan elected to take Saudi UN Council seat
- Yemen regains ministry compound, 12 militants killed
- Postal rates rise 300pc in Bahrain
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms