Bahrain raises pensioners' payouts
Manama, April 16, 2013
Pensioners in Bahrain with a monthly payout of up to BD700 ($1,846) will be entitled to an increase of BD75, said a top government official.
A retiree whose pension is between BD700 and BD1,500 will be eligible for an increase of BD50, added parliament's financial and economic affairs committee chairwoman Latifa Al Gaoud yesterday.
The committee members held a meeting with Finance Minister Shaikh Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Khalifa and discussed the government's response to MPs' demands concerning the state budget for 2013-2014, according to a report in the Gulf Daily News.
The meeting also stressed the need to implement the anti-inflation allowance criteria set by parliament by including three categories - BD100 increase for breadwinners earning a monthly salary of up to BD300; BD70 for those earning up to BD700; and BD50 for those with monthly income of up to BD1,000. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms
- Charles Russell opens Qatar office
- Egypt delays decision on $4.8bn IMF loan
- UAE, Netherlands sign investments deal
- Iran sees no big 2014 oil exports recovery
- Egypt ‘returned $500m deposit to Qatar’
- Bill to scrap expat levy is rejected
- Bahrain’s eGovt backs major ICT summit
- Teargas flies in Cairo as constitution takes shape
- Bahrain vows to build on reforms