Bahrain keen to boost Thai ties
Manama, April 19, 2013
Bahrain seeks to develop a strategic partnership with Thailand based on mutual respect and joint co-ordination, said His Majesty King Hamad last night.
This came as the King, who began an official visit to Thailand, met Thai King Bhumibol Adulyadej and discussed with him ways of bolstering outstanding Bahraini-Thai relations of friendship and co-operation in the economic, investment and trade fields, lauding the steady growth of bilateral ties, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Present was Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.
His Majesty affirmed Bahrain's keen desire to consolidate the cordial relations between the ruling families in both countries.
He expressed thanks and appreciation to members of the Thai community in Bahrain for their contribution to the kingdom's development march.
His Majesty asserted that the Thai community is respected and appreciated by the tolerant Bahraini people.
He wished the Thai monarch continuous good health and happiness and the friendly Thai people further progress and prosperity.
Separately, the King held official talks with the Thai Prime Minister.
They reviewed steps taken by the two countries to consolidate their relations by opening new horizons of bilateral co-operation.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team
- GCC to set up joint military, police unit
- GCC alarmed over Iran's plans for more nuke plants
- Criminals 'are going hi-tech'
- 'Gulf nations ready to face challenges'
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day