Minister of State for Information Affairs Sameera Rajab
Bahrain to offer urgent help for SMEs
Manama, May 13, 2013
Bahrain will take urgent action to address challenges faced by Small and Medium Enterprises (SME), a senior government official said.
"A ministerial committee has been formed to address all obstacles and select the best solutions possible," Minister of State for Information Affairs and official government spokeswoman Sameera Rajab was quoted as saying in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
A report submitted to the Cabinet outlines plans to address issues such as financing, services and manpower.
It was submitted by Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro.
"This sector is highly important to the growth and economy of the country and for that the Cabinet wants to take proper decisions to provide necessary help,” said Rajab.
Meanwhile, the Cabinet discussed a new draft law on commercial arbitration presented by Transportation Minister and acting Economic Development Board (EDB) chief executive Kamal Ahmed. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Iraqi women protest new draft law
- Bahrain police 'face more danger in line of duty'
- Saudi names Brotherhood as terrorist group
- Qatar outraged over terror claims
- Bahrain PM condemns exploitation of children
- Qatar will not alter foreign policy: source
- Bahrain accuses Iran of fomenting trouble
- 'Put security before rights' in Bahrain: publisher
- 'Hizbollah trained Daih blast suspect'
- Key terror blast suspects named in Bahrain
- $2.6m Royal Fund for martyrs set up
- Bahrain to draw up new anti-terror laws
- GCC ROW: Qatar voices surprise over envoys pull out
- GCC tobacco tax rise ‘will fuel illicit trade’
- Saudi, UAE, Bahrain withdraw envoys from Qatar
- Bahrain explosion draws global condemnation
- GDN photographer hurt in blast is discharged
- Iran playing increasing role in Bahrain unrest
- Bahrain launches 6-point plan to fight terror
- Sisi gives sign he will run for president
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Health insurance must for Saudi visa
- Qatari doctor gets 7 years jail in UAE
- Family violence law articles approved in Bahrain
- Credit card thief jailed in Bahrain
- GDN photographer hurt in Bahrain explosion
- Bahrain King orders crackdown on terrorists
- Bahrain's 4-year development plan on track
- Bahrain authorities warn of rogue labour camps
- Experts draw 'startling comparisons' in explosives