Bahrain Shura agrees $554m for needy in budget
Manama, June 13, 2013
Bahrain’s Shura Council has approved the draft budget for 2013-2014, which includes BD210 million ($554 million) to support needy families, a report said.
The payments to families will be backdated to January, costing the government BD105 million this year and next, sources were quoted as saying in the report published by the Gulf Daily News, our sister newspaper.
The Shura Council’s financial and economic affairs committee will convene today (June 13) for an extraordinary session to discuss the national budget.
The government has also agreed pay rises for pensioners, which will cost BD157.75 million and payments will be backdated to January, the committee said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince
- Israel-Palestinian deal possible by April says Kerry
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team
- GCC to set up joint military, police unit