Kuwait snap polls on July 25
Kuwait, June 20, 2013
Kuwait will hold a snap parliamentary election on July 25, state news agency KUNA said on Thursday, after the country's top court dissolved the chamber on a technicality earlier this week.
"At an extraordinary meeting held today, the cabinet approved a draft decree inviting voters to elect members of the National Assembly on July 25," Kuna quoted Minister for Cabinet Affairs Sheikh Mohammad al-Mubarak al-Sabah as saying.
The election will be the sixth since 2006 in the major oil producer where political upheaval has stalled infrastructure development and held up economic reforms.-Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi
- Iran proposes new regional bloc
- GCC union 'best option to confront threats'
- Bahraini firms protest postal fee rise
- Obama defends Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel
- Terrorist armies in Syria 'a big threat'
- Oman pulls out of Gulf Union plans
- Bahrain denounces terror groups