Qatar to appoint new foreign minister
Dubai, June 26, 2013
Al Jazeera television website said on Wednesday that Qatar will appoint a new foreign minister to replace veteran diplomat Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim al-Thani following the accession of a new emir.
The satellite channel said that current Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Khalid bin Muhammad al-Atiyah has been chosen for the position. The satellite channel had earlier said a new prime minister will be appointed instead of Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim. – Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- GCC to introduce EU-style visa in 2014
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Iran, powers to resume nuclear talks after snag
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince