Violations at Bahrain rally
Manama, August 24, 2013
A rally organised in Bahrain by a number of political societies yesterday witnessed many violations jeopardising public and private property, said a top official.
Many participants shouted offensive slogans during the rally, attended by about 3,000 people, and many broke away from the march and headed towards Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Highway forcing security forces to intervene to restore order, the Northern Governorate Police director general was quoted as saying in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
He added the organising committee had been notified of the violations and legal procedures were being taken. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Iran, powers to resume nuclear talks after snag
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince
- Israel-Palestinian deal possible by April says Kerry
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team