Kuwait emir in key US visit next week
Kuwait, September 7, 2013
The emir of Kuwait, Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad al-Jaber al-Sabah, will visit President Barack Obama in Washington on September 13 to talk about Middle Eastern issues, the White House said on Friday.
"The President looks forward to discussing with the Emir a wide range of critical interests and important developments in the Gulf region and broader Middle East," the White House said in a statement.
The visit comes as the United States weighs military strikes in Syria after August 21 chemical attacks on civilians, and reviews whether to cut aid to Egypt after its military overthrew the government and cracked down on protesters.-Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Iran, powers to resume nuclear talks after snag
- Nine officials held in Oman graft trials
- Bahrain 'ready for GCC union'
- GCC plans new law for domestic workers
- Bahrain plans big celebrations for National Day
- Abu Dhabi Ports institute hosts special courses
- Auditing push for small enterprises in Bahrain
- US, UK have failed Syrian rebels says Saudi prince
- Israel-Palestinian deal possible by April says Kerry
- Norton Rose boosts Mideast team