Abu Dhabi Police gets global honours
Abu Dhabi, September 22, 2013
The Abu Dhabi Police General Headquarters said it has received the Gold Award from Ideas America Association at a glittering function in Orlando, US.
The award was handed over to Colonel Mohammed Hamid bin Dalmouj Al Dhaheri, the strategy and performance development DG, the General Secretariat of the office of deputy PM and Minister of Interior, at the IA 71st Annual Training Summit.
The Abu Dhabi Police GHQ was selected for the award in the 'Safety Idea of the Year' category
Speaking at the ceremony, Col Al Dhaheri said the achievement stems out of the abiding faith in the Abu Dhabi Police GHQ’s vision to ensure that the emirate remains a community enjoying security and safety, by providing high-quality police services to citizens, residents and visitors of the emirate.
He pointed out that quality safety and security has become a pre-requisite in the world, to achieve a safer, secure and prosperous life for everyone living in the UAE.
“Competing with developed international entities and winning in this category evidences theAbu Dhabi Police’s firm belief in the need to give priority to safety and security, and to endeavour diligently to maintain them as we seek further progress,” the official added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- New law on family violence on the way in Bahrain
- Four blast suspects are remanded in Bahrain
- Bahrain to step up war on terror
- Norton Rose Fulbright moves London head to Dubai
- DSG ‘ready to implement Smart Dubai Strategy’
- Iraqi women protest new draft law
- Bahrain police 'face more danger in line of duty'
- Saudi names Brotherhood as terrorist group
- Qatar outraged over terror claims
- Bahrain PM condemns exploitation of children
- Qatar will not alter foreign policy: source
- Bahrain accuses Iran of fomenting trouble
- 'Put security before rights' in Bahrain: publisher
- 'Hizbollah trained Daih blast suspect'
- Key terror blast suspects named in Bahrain
- $2.6m Royal Fund for martyrs set up
- Bahrain to draw up new anti-terror laws
- GCC ROW: Qatar voices surprise over envoys pull out
- GCC tobacco tax rise ‘will fuel illicit trade’
- Saudi, UAE, Bahrain withdraw envoys from Qatar
- Bahrain explosion draws global condemnation
- GDN photographer hurt in blast is discharged
- Iran playing increasing role in Bahrain unrest
- Bahrain launches 6-point plan to fight terror
- Sisi gives sign he will run for president
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Health insurance must for Saudi visa
- Qatari doctor gets 7 years jail in UAE
- Family violence law articles approved in Bahrain