Bahrain set to host major labour forum
Manama, September 29, 2013
Bahrain is set to host the 30th session of the GCC Labour Ministers' Council on Wednesday under the chairmanship of Labour Minister Jameel Humaidan.
The minister stressed the importance of the council's meetings in discussing issues related to developing the GCC labour markets, developing human resources, creating more job opportunities and achieving social security, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Humaidan expressed satisfaction over the stability of the GCC labour market, which was reflected in growth rates and gradual increase of salaries in the private sector establishments in most of the member states.
He lauded Bahrain's successful experience in this regard, voicing the kingdom's readiness to transfer the experience to the other GCC countries.
Humaidan added that many private sector establishments will be honoured during the opening ceremony of the current session, expressing hope the meeting will come up with useful recommendations to boost the GCC march towards integration.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms
- Charles Russell opens Qatar office
- Egypt delays decision on $4.8bn IMF loan
- UAE, Netherlands sign investments deal
- Iran sees no big 2014 oil exports recovery
- Egypt ‘returned $500m deposit to Qatar’
- Bill to scrap expat levy is rejected