US says reports of Egypt aid halt are false
Washington, October 9, 2013
The White House said that reports that said the US would halt all military assistance to Egypt are false.
The aid has been under review since the country's military ousted the government in July.
"The reports that we are halting all military assistance to Egypt are false," said Caitlin Hayden, spokeswoman for the White House National Security Council.
"We will announce the future of our assistance relationship with Egypt in the coming days, but as the president made clear at (the UN General Assembly), that assistance relationship will continue," Hayden said. - Reuters
More Government & Laws Stories
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms
- Charles Russell opens Qatar office
- Egypt delays decision on $4.8bn IMF loan
- UAE, Netherlands sign investments deal
- Iran sees no big 2014 oil exports recovery
- Egypt ‘returned $500m deposit to Qatar’
- Bill to scrap expat levy is rejected
- Bahrain’s eGovt backs major ICT summit
- Teargas flies in Cairo as constitution takes shape
- Bahrain vows to build on reforms