Key strategic forum kicks off in Bahrain
Manama, November 5, 2013
Strategic planning, sustainable development and security strategic planning will form the agenda for Gulf Strategic Conference opening today (November 5) at the Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea and Spa.
The three-day event is being held under the patronage of His Majesty King Hamad's Personal Representative, Supreme Council for Environment president and Supreme Authority for Information and Communication head Shaikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Bahrain Society for Strategic Planning (BSSP) is co-organising the three-day conference with public relations consultancy ACTSmart.
His Majesty's Adviser for Diplomatic Affairs and Bahrain Centre for Strategic, International and Energy Studies chairman Dr Mohammed Abdul Ghaffar will be the keynote speaker.
BSSP chairwoman Dr Hala Sulaibeekh hailed His Majesty's Personal Representative for patronising the event, which will bring together strategic planning experts representing the public and private sectors, and the military.
Education Ministry Under-Secretary Shaikh Hisham bin Abdulaziz Al Khalifa will address the first session tomorrow under the theme "Strategic Planning in the Public Sector".
Central Informatics Organisation (CIO) president Dr Mohammed Al Amer, Kuwait Centre for Strategic Centre chairman Dr Sami Al Faraj and Works Ministry planning department chief Raja Al Zayani will also address the first session.
The second session, also tomorrow, will focus on strategic planning in the military sector.
It will bring together Kuwait Prevention Security Institute for Consultancy and Training director general retired general Messaid Al Ghuwainim, Dubai Police deputy chairman for quality and director general of total quality performance major general Dr Abdul Quddus Abdulrazzak Al Obaidli and Royal Guard Lieutenant Colonel Faisal Al Ajmi.
MP Isa Al Kooheji, Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry board member Khalid Al Amin, Eskan Bank general manager Dr Khalid Abdulla and BSSP board member Ahmed Abdul Ghaffar will address the third session under the slogan "Strategic Planning in the Private Sector".
The participants will take part in three workshops on Thursday, spotlighting strategic planning and sustainable development, security strategic planning and strategic planning for a changing world. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Qatar outraged over terror claims
- Bahrain PM condemns exploitation of children
- Qatar will not alter foreign policy: source
- Bahrain accuses Iran of fomenting trouble
- 'Put security before rights' in Bahrain: publisher
- 'Hizbollah trained Daih blast suspect'
- Key terror blast suspects named in Bahrain
- $2.6m Royal Fund for martyrs set up
- Bahrain to draw up new anti-terror laws
- GCC ROW: Qatar voices surprise over envoys pull out
- GCC tobacco tax rise ‘will fuel illicit trade’
- Saudi, UAE, Bahrain withdraw envoys from Qatar
- Bahrain explosion draws global condemnation
- GDN photographer hurt in blast is discharged
- Iran playing increasing role in Bahrain unrest
- Bahrain launches 6-point plan to fight terror
- Sisi gives sign he will run for president
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Health insurance must for Saudi visa
- Qatari doctor gets 7 years jail in UAE
- Family violence law articles approved in Bahrain
- Credit card thief jailed in Bahrain
- GDN photographer hurt in Bahrain explosion
- Bahrain King orders crackdown on terrorists
- Bahrain's 4-year development plan on track
- Bahrain authorities warn of rogue labour camps
- Experts draw 'startling comparisons' in explosives
- Bahrain reforms 'far exceed recommendations'
- Kuwaiti Emir undergoes minor surgery
- Special court to deal with travel bans backed