GCC union 'best option to confront threats'
Manama, December 9, 2013
A GCC union is the best and only option in the face of threats confronting Gulf states, said Bahrain's Prime Minister His Royal Highness Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa yesterday.
Its creation has now become a matter of urgency and necessity, he told the weekly Cabinet session, said a report in the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication.
The premier chaired the session at the Gudaibiya Palace in the presence of His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander and First Deputy Premier.
After the meeting, Cabinet secretary-general Dr Yaser bin Essa Al Naser released the following statement: "The Prime Minister confirmed that Bahrain welcomes initiatives that transform dialogue into a strategic process that can resolve all issues in the region, while making it the only tool that can ensure security, peace and stability, and dedicating it as the sole method for dealing with disparities and political differences between countries, regionally and internationally."
"The Cabinet stressed that the challenges the GCC countries are facing confirm the necessity and urgency to establish the GCC union and recognise this as the best strategic option in the face of threats and risks confronting the Gulf states.
The Cabinet noted the importance of the Manama Dialogue currently hosted by Bahrain as a global gathering that establishes the proper environment for influencing international parties to come together in security matters and agree on common understandings that positively reflect peace and global stability," it added.- TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Qatar outraged over terror claims
- Bahrain PM condemns exploitation of children
- Qatar will not alter foreign policy: source
- Bahrain accuses Iran of fomenting trouble
- 'Put security before rights' in Bahrain: publisher
- 'Hizbollah trained Daih blast suspect'
- Key terror blast suspects named in Bahrain
- $2.6m Royal Fund for martyrs set up
- Bahrain to draw up new anti-terror laws
- GCC ROW: Qatar voices surprise over envoys pull out
- GCC tobacco tax rise ‘will fuel illicit trade’
- Saudi, UAE, Bahrain withdraw envoys from Qatar
- Bahrain explosion draws global condemnation
- GDN photographer hurt in blast is discharged
- Iran playing increasing role in Bahrain unrest
- Bahrain launches 6-point plan to fight terror
- Sisi gives sign he will run for president
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Health insurance must for Saudi visa
- Qatari doctor gets 7 years jail in UAE
- Family violence law articles approved in Bahrain
- Credit card thief jailed in Bahrain
- GDN photographer hurt in Bahrain explosion
- Bahrain King orders crackdown on terrorists
- Bahrain's 4-year development plan on track
- Bahrain authorities warn of rogue labour camps
- Experts draw 'startling comparisons' in explosives
- Bahrain reforms 'far exceed recommendations'
- Kuwaiti Emir undergoes minor surgery
- Special court to deal with travel bans backed