Thursday 25 December 2014
 
»
 
»
Story

Oman's population tops 4 million

Muscat, April 24, 2014

Oman's population has almost doubled over the past decade and has now crossed the four million mark, a report quoting official statistics said.

The total population of Oman had reached 4,000,345 as of April 2. Citizens constituted 55.8 per cent of the population with a total of 2,232,949 Omanis, while expatriates made up the other 44.2 per cent with 1,767,396, said the Times of Oman report.

The figures show that Omani males outnumber Omani females. The total number of Omani males was 1,130,115, while the number of Omani females stood at 1,102,834, it said.




Tags: Oman | population | expats |

More Government & Laws Stories

calendarCalendar of Events

Ads