Focus on women’s role in UAE growth
Dubai, January 12, 2012
The Dubai Business Women Council (DBWC) recently held a roundtable discussion with an Australian business and professional women delegation outlining the role of women in the development of UAE.
The meeting was held at the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry headquarters.
The Australian mission aimed to strengthen relationships and acquire key knowledge on the UAE to disseminate to their colleagues, clients, and associates in Australia and beyond.
DBWC President Raja Al Gurg delivered a presentation on ‘Women in the UAE’ and led talks on existing constitutional and legal protection for women, political participation, women in the workforce, women and Education, businesswomen and entrepreneurs, and women’s organizations.
“Our present and future partners need to know more about the role women are playing across the UAE’s vibrant business and investment landscape,” said Al Gurg.
“We shared a lot of important insights on the social, political and business climate for women in the UAE and this will help us deepen our ties with our Australian counterparts. We are appreciative of the Federation of UAE Chambers of Commerce and Industry for their support in presenting the Emirates as a land of equal and enormous opportunity.”
The Australian group was led by Almanar Consultancy headed by owner and manager Dr Fiona Hill.
The roundtable follows a series of DBWC initiatives aimed at strengthening ties with the global community of professional and business women. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps