70pc of professionals in ME 'use iPad at work'
London, January 16, 2012
More than 70 per cent of IT and business professionals in the Middle East use the iPad at work and less than half use it at home, said a report.
Nearly a quarter of respondents even have their iPad supplied by work, a statistic which climbs sharply in continents like Africa (47 per cent) and Europe (40 per cent), added IDG Connect’s business survey based on interviews with IT and business professionals worldwide.
In addition to this, a surprising 51 per cent of those surveyed always use the device at work, almost as many who always use it at home (54 per cent).
The results also show stark changes in content consumption, and provide evidence that B2B marketers should tailor information to the tablet medium:
• 97 per cent of professionals use the iPad for reading
• 70 per cent + now buy fewer physical books and newspapers
• 72 per cent of iPad owners carry their laptop less
• 66 per cent say the iPad has partially or completely replaced their laptop
The survey revealed a robust loyalty to Apple with 83 per cent globally stating they would not consider buying a different tablet device next time.
“This research shows the tablet is fast becoming a true work device, provided by employers and used in the office for business communication,” said Kathryn Cave, editor at IDG Connect International.
“It also highlights some startling regional variations, emphasising the need for marketers to adapt content to local markets as well as new mediums,” she added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps