Super painter opens Dubai show
Dubai, January 29, 2012
‘Super Action Painter’ Jose Luis Quiceno recently opened his show at BurJuman Mall, with visitors being treated to an unusual series of portrait sessions.
The Columbian artist speed-painted portraits of celebrities and pop icons such as Amy Winehouse, Marilyn Monroe and Bob Marley in a series of shows that brought the term ‘performance art’ to life, said a statement.
Each fifteen-minute performance intersperses a portrait session with a dance and gymnastics routine that combines brushstrokes with fluid movements and acrobatics.
The ‘Super Action Painter’ will continue his dramatic and dynamic creative work with live portrait sessions of popular celebrities such as Lady Diana, John Lennon, David and Victoria Beckham and Rowan Atkinson at the Observatory, BurJuman at 5:45pm, 7:00pm and 8:30pm every day until February 1. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain