Top Indian FM brand launched in UAE
Abu Dhabi, February 1, 2012
Abu Dhabi Media has joined forces with Entertainment Network, a subsidiary of The Times of India Group, to launch one of India’s largest FM brand, Radio Mirchi in the UAE.
Bollywood superstar, Rani Mukherjee, joined the Abu Dhabi Media and Radio Mirchi teams to push the launch button, making the station go live across the UAE on Wednesday.
Radio Mirchi is the first radio station of its kind in the Emirates to offer nationwide coverage, with three exclusive frequencies- 97.3FM Abu Dhabi, 88.8FM Dubai & northern emirates, and 95.6FM Al Ain- catering to the country’s extensive south Asian expat population, said a satement from Abu Dhabi Media.
The business partnership also represents Abu Dhabi Media’s first extension into the lucrative south Asian broadcasting sector and the first ever international association for Entertainment Network (India) and the Radio Mirchi brand, it added.
Malcolm Wall, CEO of Abu Dhabi Media, said the addition of Radio Mirchi to the Abu Dhabi Media portfolio is a significant step for the company.
'Through this partnership, we have introduced a new target demographic for Abu Dhabi Media that will complement our existing Arabic and English language radio brands,' he observed.
'The south Asian community is an important audience here in the Emirates, and Radio Mirchi provides a powerful platform for brands to reach this large and rapidly growing consumer group,' Wall added.
Prashant Panday, CEO of Entertainment Network (India) said, “In India, we are proud to have over 40 million listeners who swear by our brand.'
'Radio Mirchi is known as the gateway to Bollywood and our UAE launch brings the best of the brand and our unique programming innovations to the people of the Emirates. From the biggest heroes, heroines and directors, to the most popular music composers, lyricists and singers- the station has it all,' he added.
“Our first foray overseas is a significant step in the evolution of the Radio Mirchi brand and a landmark event for the company, and we are happy to partner with such a well known and reputed company like Abu Dhabi Media,” Panday said.
With a fun and dynamic lineup of shows throughout the day, there is plenty to keep listeners entertained and engaged.
Radio 'Mirchi' (Chilli in Hindi) is renowned for being the hottest radio station in India.
'The brand brings the authentic taste of Desi radio to the UAE, and offers the same award winning mix of content and talent that has kept Indian listeners tuning in for years, packaged specifically to suit the diverse needs of the Emirates’ south Asian audience.'
With international and community news, the hottest music and unrivalled access to Bollywood- all broadcast in a mixture of Hindi and English with a unique flavor from home- Radio Mirchi is sure to inject sunshine and energy into its listeners’ days.
“Abu Dhabi Radio Network is continuously striving to serve the needs of all our communities in the UAE, and the launch of Radio Mirchi will cater to a new audience for the company,” commented its director Abdul Rahman Awadh Al Harthi.
'We are thrilled to bring such a premium brand to the UAE for the first time - the addition will be a real asset to our suite of radio brands and will once again extend Abu Dhabi Radio Network’s reach across the all of the Emirates with its nationwide frequency,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index