Sign & Imaging show inks major deals
Dubai, February 2, 2012
Exhibitors at the ongoing Sign, Graphics and Imaging 2012 (SGI 2012) show in Dubai have signed several million dollar deals due to the tremendous demand from trade visitors, said the organisers of the event.
The 15th edition of the show, which opened at World Trade Center, on January 31, is concluding today (February 2).
Over 400 exhibitors from across 30 countries are participating in the show.
“We are delighted to know that our exhibitors at the show have had a very good response from the trade visitors. This indicates that there is a huge demand within the Middle East and African markets,” said Abdul Rahman Falaknaz, chairman of organisers International Expo Consults (IEC), part of Falak Holding.
“This is a great indicator of the sign of good times and also shows that the industry is growing at a faster pace as compared to previous years. Our valued exhibitors this year have pledged to be part of the next year’s show which will be a much larger event than this year.”
“We are proud to say that we are the largest show in this category across the Middle East and Africa region. Positive feedback from our exhibitors also gives a lot of confidence to create another successful show for them in 2013 at an even larger scale,” he added.
Sharif Rahman, CEO of IEC, said: “The SGI 2012 show surpassed the last year’s trade visitor numbers in the first two days of the show. The trade visitors were serious customers and they had come to our show with the intention of placing large orders.”
“Innovative products at the show was another prime reason for the customers to place such massive orders. We had a strong turnout from across the GCC as well as East Africa, the Sub Continent, US, Europe, Asia among other geographies.”
“The quality of visitors who were present at this edition of SGI Middle East was amongst the best we have ever seen and we expect the trend to continue in the years to come. All our exhibitors including AGFA, HP, EPSON, Roland and several others have received a highly positive response from the show and have booked orders from customers from across the Middle East,” Rahman concluded.
The SGI 2013 show will be held from January 20 to 22, 2013 at the Dubai International Exhibition Centre. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps