Facebook looks to mobile devices for revenue
London, February 6, 2012
Facebook, the social network giant, is set to begin showing advertisements to users on mobile devices before its $5 billion initial public offering, the Financial Times reported on Monday.
Facebook has already discussed proposals with unidentified advertising agencies for displaying what it calls 'featured stories' in the news feed seen by users on the site in an effort to tap a new source of revenue, the newspaper cited several people familiar with the plans as saying.
Facebook mobile device users are likely to see advertisements in March ahead of its initial public offering, which is expected in May, according to the FT. – Reuters
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN launches first combat sports channel
- Etihad launches holiday photo contest
- Al Jazeera weighs bid for $1bn Turkish pay-TV
- New UAE road safety website launched
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- Yahoo in Saudi Professional League tieup
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Mepra
- Bahrain big inspiration for top US designer
- Three 'Avatar' sequels to be made in New Zealand
- Instagram photography contest launched