Yas Marina to hold triathlon at twilight
Abu Dhabi, February 12, 2012
Yas Marina Circuit, a major sporting venue in Abu Dhabi, will hold the 2012 edition of its annual triathlon Tri Yas on April 13 at twilight.
Athletes of all abilities are encouraged to take part individually or as a member of a relay team in the Sprint or Olympic categories.
Another addition to the 2012 competition is the inclusion of a Junior Biathlon for 11-14 and 15-17 year old age groups, aimed at introducing the sport to younger members of the community.
Nick McElwee, director of Marketing and Communications at Yas Marina Circuit said that over 600 athletes participated in the inaugural event last January.
“Last year’s Tri Yas established Yas Marina Circuit as one of the world’s most unique settings for a triathlon. The twilight hours will not only benefit all participants with cooler temperatures, but also act as a stunning backdrop to a world-class event. With the addition of the Junior Biathlon we’re anticipating an even bigger turn out,” he said.
As in 2011, Tri Yas 2012 will encompass the entire Yas Marina Circuit; swim in the Yas Marina, bike on the Formula 1 track and run on Yas Marina Circuit roads. The swim leg will fall during daylight hours and the bike and run legs will take place under full floodlights on the F1 circuit. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Majid Al Futtaim plans cinema expansion
- Dubai Culture launches Instagram contest
- Dubai arts consultancy wins major hotel deal
- Du campaign sweeps Dubai Lynx Awards
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends