Madonna concert tickets sold out
Abu Dhabi, February 27, 2012
Organisers of Madonna’s concert in Abu Dhabi, Flash Entertainment, announced that tickets for the show were sold out within hours after the sale opened today.
The show is set to take place at Yas Island on June 3.
About 22,000 tickets went on sale at noon today.
The sellout follows a series of sell-outs on the rest of her world tour at venues in North America and Europe, said a statement from Flash.
Mira Sadek from Flash Entertainment said: “The Abu Dhabi show marks the first time Madonna has performed in this region. We knew from the day we announced the show that tickets were sure to sell out extremely quickly. Her fan reaction has been overwhelming and with immediate sell out, Madonna’s show in Abu Dhabi now holds the record for the most popular event we have ever staged.”
The event will be held at the YasArena, and will be supported by OSN, Gulf News, Radio 2, Ahlan!, Timeout Abu Dhabi and Vox Cinemas, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Al Maktoum foundation launches Arabic promotion drive
- MBC, UN team up to offer aid in rural Egypt
- Al Maktoum launches Arabic promotion drive
- Access to talent ‘key to Dubai’s media growth’
- Masdar launches global blogging contest
- Millard Brown opens Jeddah office
- Global Aerospace Summit wins top award
- BurJuman hosts contest for mothers
- Dubai duo brings glory to Indian cinema
- 50pc of UAE youth on social media face online threats