Madonna concert tickets sold out
Abu Dhabi, February 27, 2012
Organisers of Madonna’s concert in Abu Dhabi, Flash Entertainment, announced that tickets for the show were sold out within hours after the sale opened today.
The show is set to take place at Yas Island on June 3.
About 22,000 tickets went on sale at noon today.
The sellout follows a series of sell-outs on the rest of her world tour at venues in North America and Europe, said a statement from Flash.
Mira Sadek from Flash Entertainment said: “The Abu Dhabi show marks the first time Madonna has performed in this region. We knew from the day we announced the show that tickets were sure to sell out extremely quickly. Her fan reaction has been overwhelming and with immediate sell out, Madonna’s show in Abu Dhabi now holds the record for the most popular event we have ever staged.”
The event will be held at the YasArena, and will be supported by OSN, Gulf News, Radio 2, Ahlan!, Timeout Abu Dhabi and Vox Cinemas, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Mubadala unit backs philanthropy group
- Manama named 'Capital of Arab Media'
- Expert discusses role of PR in Arab world
- Twitter chief to kick off Digital Media Forum
- Saxo Bank launches TV channel
- Nawras launches data roaming solution
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1bn deal
- Promoaction DDB wins Zain Saudi account
- Bahrain launches eContent award for 2013
- Hackers target radio station portal in Bahrain