Prema Sagar and Al-Rashed
Top speakers of PR World Congress in Dubai
Dubai, February 29, 2012
An impressive line-up of top communications professionals from across the world will address the 20th Public Relations World Congress (PRWC) to be held in Dubai next month.
Roger Fisk, who played a key ‘behind the scenes role’ in the election of US President Barack Obama; Abdul Rahman Al-Rashed, general manager of Al Arabiya TV; and Prema Sagar, the founder president of the Public Relations Consultants Association of India (PRCAI), are among an impressive line-up of 35 speakers for the event, which is being held for the first time in the Middle East from March 13 - 15 at the Grand Hyatt Dubai.
Held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, and in partnership with the National Media Council of the UAE, the three-day Congress is organised by the International Public Relations Association – Gulf Chapter (IPRA-GC) and will present the newest insights and trends in communications.
Addressing the core theme of the Congress, ‘From the Arab Street to Wall Street, Communications in the Age of Dialogue,’ the speakers will share their views on the changing political landscape, challenges and opportunities in the Public Relations sector, the future of the media, social media trends, and Public Relations in the Middle East.
Faisal Al Zahrani, the president of IPRA-GC, said: “The sessions at the 20th Public Relations World Congress reflect the shifts in the society that affect not only the communications industry but also the way governments and businesses function. The perspectives shared by our speakers will be of great value to communications industry professionals in further sharpening their own strategies.”
Sunil John, chairman of the Organising Committee of PRWC Dubai and chief executive officer of ASDA’A Burson-Marsteller, said: “What sets apart the speakers at the PRWC is that they bring insights that have been shaped by their personal experience working on some of the most defining moments in contemporary history. By sharing their views at the Congress, they will open up new channels of dialogue for the participants.”
Other confirmed speakers at the Congress include:
• Richard Linning, founder and senior partner, The Stable House Partnership, UK & IPRA President 2011
• Christophe Ginisty, deputy managing director (EMEA), Edelman, France
• Chris McLaughlin, vice president of external affairs, Inmarsat, UK
• Sultan Al Bazie, executive vice president – IPRA-GC, and cCo-founder & CEO of Attariq Communications, Saudi Arabia
• Maha Abouelenein, head of communications – Mena, Google, UAE
• Mohammed Al Ayed, founder, president & CEO, Trans-Arabian Creative Comms Services, Saudi Arabia
• Mazen Nahawi, president of News Group & Board Member, Middle East Public Relations Association (MEPRA), UAE
• Tariq Al-Ghamdi, manager, public relations, Saudi Aramco, Saudi Arabia
• Eileen Wallis, managing partner, The Portsmouth Group, UAE
• Rishi Saha, regional director (Australia, ME, Africa, South & Central Asia), Hill + Knowlton Strategies, UAE
Abdullah Jum’ah, the former president and CEO of Saudi Aramco, will deliver the welcome keynote for the congress. Dr James Bellini, a communications expert, broadcaster and futurist, and founder of Media Counsellors, a UK-based communications and reputation management consultancy, will join a team of other high-profile communication professionals to moderate the sessions.
Over 500 PR professionals are expected to attend the PRWC, where they will have the opportunity to participate in Master Classes and Training Workshops, creating a compelling platform for information sharing and knowledge transfer. – TradeArabia News Service