Swedish artist’s works on show at Armani Hotel
Dubai, March 14, 2012
Armani Hotel Dubai, in co-operation with Swiss Art Gate UAE, will host an art exhibition “UAE 40 – The Emirates Revisited,’ to coincide with Art Dubai, the premier art event in the city.
Featuring oil and photography on canvas by Swedish artist Fabian Edelstam, “UAE 40 – The Emirates Revisited will open on March 19 at Armani/Ristorante in Armani Hotel Dubai, located in Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building.
During his recent journey through the UAE, Edelstam created a collection of 15 artworks, most of them with local content.
Edelstam has been a frequent traveller throughout his life, with his travel experiences reflected on his body of work.
Thanks to Edelstam’s cultural heritage, his artistic vision can be described as a “journey into the world of memories,” with an emphasis on the personal and collective memories. He “travels” down memory lane, revisiting events and environments he experienced, was surrounded by, and the people he met.
He reconstructs pictures and experiences ingrained in his memory, and like the memory, the paintings project close to optimal resemblance, but are a little bit disorderly and with a few gaps. The “mosaic” pattern is a result of the literary influence of “Recherche du temps perdu” by Marcel Proust. The mosaic is manually assembled. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Leo Burnett names Mena innovation head
- OSN launches first combat sports channel
- Etihad launches holiday photo contest
- Al Jazeera weighs bid for $1bn Turkish pay-TV
- New UAE road safety website launched
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- Yahoo in Saudi Professional League tieup
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Mepra
- Bahrain big inspiration for top US designer
- Three 'Avatar' sequels to be made in New Zealand