Mena business women to launch forum
Dubai, March 19, 2012
The Mena Businesswomen’s Network (Mena BWN), which represents over 2,500 members from 10 countries in the region, will launch its inaugural forum in Dubai next month, bringing together more than 350 participants.
Running on April 12 and 13 at the Park Hyatt Dubai, the forum will include members of the Mena BWN, and will feature several of the women on Arabian Business’s list of 100 Most Powerful Women in the Arab World.
Organised under the patronage of H.E. Sheikha Lubna Al-Qasimi, UAE Minister of Foreign Trade and with support from Vital Voices Global Partnership and Exxon-Mobil, the Forum provides a unique opportunity for effective business networking.
Mena BWN is a network of successful Arab businesswomen that seek to bring more businesswomen and entrepreneurs to the forefront of social and economic development in the region.
Mena BWN capitalises on the fact that the environment in the region for women business owners is one of remarkable economic opportunity, given continued investments in education, business development, and support services.
Afnan R Al Zayani, president of Mena BWN, said, “We are dedicated to supporting Mena businesswomen by strengthening and expanding the Mena BWN to unleash the potential of women throughout the region.”
Under the theme “Unleashing the Economic Potential of Women in the Mena Region,” the forum is structured as a peer-to-peer event enabling participants to share their experience and knowledge while providing specific, hands-on skills and contacts necessary to transform and grow their businesses.
“The Forum is the next logical step to strengthen and increase the reach of the Mena BWN across the region," said Al Zayani. “We are excited to welcome delegations from our 10 member countries and others from the region, Europe and the US, who will come together to exchange ideas, share experiences, learn new skills and expand their networks.”
The UAE member of the Mena BWN, the Dubai Business Women Council is serving as local host for the forum. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE