10 entrepreneurs shortlisted for award
Dubai, March 21, 2012
Ten visionary entrepreneurs were shortlisted as finalists for Ernst & Young’s UAE Entrepreneur of the Year Award (EOY) 2011.
Winners will be announced on April 9 at a gala dinner to be held at the Grand Hyatt in Dubai.
The finalists include Mohamed Al Ansari of Al Ansari Exchange; Hakan Bahceci of Hakan Agro DMCC; Dr Shamsheer Parambath of Lifeline Hospital Group; Farouk K Toukan of CICON Building Materials; Dr Moopen of DM Healthcare; Mikkel Vinter of Friendi Group; Soraya Narfeldt of RA International; Geurman Goutorov of Streit; Costas Bouyoukas of Fresh Express and Sufyan Saleh of Fibrex.
The winner will represent the country at the World Entrepreneur of the Year award ceremony which takes place in June 2012 in Monte Carlo.
“The finalists come from a wide variety of sectors ranging from commodities trading to healthcare to construction. They have all gone through difficult periods in building their businesses and have come through with honors, representing the ‘can do’ spirit that the UAE is known for. We are pleased to present them to the UAE audience as we give great importance to supporting start-ups and rewarding outstanding entrepreneurs,” said Ashraf Abu-Sharkh, partner and UAE Entrepreneur of the Year leader, Ernst & Young.
This year marks a quarter of a century since the very first Entrepreneur of the Year Awards, which took place in a single US city in 1986. Today, the program spans more than 140 cities in 50 countries, which together represent more than 90 per cent of the global economy.
The EOY awards recognize outstanding entrepreneurs for their vision, innovation, courage, and leadership in building and growing successful businesses - businesses that influence the way we live, the products and services we depend on, and the economic vibrancy of our local communities and global markets. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released