Annual book fair opens in Bahrain
Manama, March 22, 2012
International and regional publishers and booksellers will be showcased under one roof as the 15th International Book Fair opens today (March 22) in Bahrain.
The annual event is part of the Spring of Culture festival and will be held at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre from 10am.
The free event will continue until April 1 and aims to encourage people of all ages to experience the joy of reading, said organisers. It will be open daily from 9am to 1pm and 4pm to 10pm, and on Fridays from 4.30pm to 10pm.
Culture Minister Shaikha Mai bint Mohammed Al Khalifa thanked HRH the Premier for patronising the event, hailing his keen interest in culture.
She welcomed Tunisia's participation as a guest of honour, stressing strong cultural relations.
The exhibition is also part of festivities marking Manama being named Capital of Arab Culture.
More than 300 Arab and foreign publishing houses will exhibit their latest publications.
Ten books authored by Bahrainis will be unveiled. The event also features activities lined up by the UNDP as well as a pavilion dedicated to children. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award
- Jeddah to host multi-sector trade fair
- Meadfa set for Dubai conference
- Doha media centre sacks chief
- Forum focus on proper use of social media
- 400 firms to showcase at SGI Dubai
- Management contest names jury for UAE debut
- Yas Waterworld launches pearl diving show