PepsiCo promotion winners attend Arab Idol finale
Dubai, March 28, 2012
Grand prize winners in a PepsiCo contest in the UAE recently attended the season finale of MBC’s Arab Idol, one of the most popular musical programmes in the Middle East, in Beirut.
Saeda Al-Dakkak, Mustafa Taha and his son Alaa won an all-expenses-paid trip to Beirut provided by PepsiCo to attend the final elimination round and witness the rise of Arab Idol’s next star Carmen Sulaiman, said a statement.
The company’s strategic sponsorship of one of the region’s most spectacular entertainment event stems from its vision to enhance the quality of popular music through supporting and nurturing artistic talents in the region, giving them the opportunity to develop and emerge.
The social and cultural initiatives undertaken by PepsiCo are an important part of the company’s efforts to serve the community and contribute to the process of social evolution within the framework of local culture, the statement said.
The program is hugely popular with TV audiences throughout the world following its tremendous success in Great Britain where it premiered in 2001 under the name ‘Pop Idol’.
Since then it has become a global phenomenon with a large number of viewers in countries including US (where it is known as American Idol), Finland, Sweden, Slovakia, Australia and India, and is now being enjoyed by viewers across the Middle East in its newest version as Arab Idol. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Majid Al Futtaim plans cinema expansion
- Dubai Culture launches Instagram contest
- Dubai arts consultancy wins major hotel deal
- Du campaign sweeps Dubai Lynx Awards
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends