SkyGate, SES in broadband distribution deal
Luxembourg, April 5, 2012
SES, a world-leading satellite operator, and SkyGate, an Internet service provider in the Middle East, have signed a five-year contract for the distribution of SES’ satellite broadband service in the region.
SkyGate markets SES Broadband (formerly known as ASTRA2Connect) to end customers in the region, offering download speeds of up to 10 Mbps using the ASTRA 3B satellite at the 23.5 degrees East orbital position.
SES Broadband is a fast Internet solution for SMEs and residential users, especially in remote areas. It is marketed via distribution partners and ideally suited for areas that lack terrestrial broadband access.
'With SkyGate we have found an excellent partner to deliver satellite broadband to the Middle East. We see growing demand for connectivity coming from this region and with SkyGate we will be able to offer reliable broadband access to businesses and individuals that have so far been lacking internet connection,” said Ferdinand Kayser, chief commercial officer of SES.
Ashraf Hajjaj, CEO of SkyGate, said: “The Middle East region is one of the fastest growing markets and we are delighted to cooperate with SES and profit from its expertise to further grow our business.”
“We are looking forward to extending the service with SES to increase the satisfaction of our current and future customers,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain