Banati girls win photography contest
Cairo, April 10, 2012
Five girls from the Banat Al Ghad (Banati) Foundation were declared winners of a major photography competition organized by Al Tak3eiba Center for Cultural Development in collaboration with Al Mesaha Arts & Culture Center in Egypt.
The winners of the competition titled 'A Meaningful Shot of Egypt' were honoured at a function hosted at Al Mesaha Arts & Culture Center where the winning photos were displayed.
Banati is a nonprofit organisation that serves children in street situations (CSS), primarily girls and their offspring (second generation street children) and is located in Haram City, the flagship project of Orascom Housing Communities (OHC) in Cairo.
OHC is the first Egyptian company to focus on the development of high-quality affordable housing units.
Zainab Essam, one of five girls shortlisted was awarded the first prize, standing out among 204 other contestants.
Zainab received a certificate of appreciation in addition to 10 books, and the 5 other shortlisted girls were awarded a certificate of recognition.
“We are thrilled that five of our girls were shortlisted in the competition and are very proud of all their hard work and achievements,” said Rania Fahmy, the executive director of the Banati Foundation.
“Encouraging our girls to participate in cultural activities is one of our top priorities in helping them increase their confidence and self-esteem,” she added.
The foundation offers medical and psychological support as well as educational and rehabilitation programs through its shelter, reception center and outreach programs which extend across Greater Cairo and Giza.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps