PMU seminar focus on new media
Al-Khobar, April 17, 2012
Al Khobar-based Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University (PMU) recently organised a seminar to evaluate the connection between youths and media tools, especially new media sources.
PMU’s vice rector for Business Affairs and Development Dr Adel Al-Saleh described the importance of seminars to exchange knowledge while welcoming delegates.
“Effective processes must be applied to enhance youth’s competencies through latest information,” he said.
Speakers included deputy editor of the Arabic daily Al-Yaum, Sulaiman Abba Hussein and media advisor of Technical Education & Training Dr Abdul Rahman Al-Mahwas.
Dr Al-Mahwas said that “the press is no longer a specialized entity because it speaks to audiences through different channels including social networking sites—Facebook, Twitter and et al which leave an impact.”
“New media breaks barriers of isolation by allowing public confluence and encouraging them to contribute greatly through knowledge sharing. Revolution in media technology with the application of new media strategies eases interaction,” he added.
“Development of self-censorship and responding to the orders of Islam through abiding legal sanctions make best social security which new media must highlight,” said Hussein.
This seminar highlighted the pros and cons of new media. The influence of new media on cultural and intellectual level of youths and social and psychological influences were the key topics. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai set for star-studded charity event
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award
- Jeddah to host multi-sector trade fair
- Meadfa set for Dubai conference
- Doha media centre sacks chief
- Forum focus on proper use of social media
- 400 firms to showcase at SGI Dubai
- Management contest names jury for UAE debut