Time to re-think team development strategy
Dubai, April 17, 2012
In the midst of change, it is high time the Middle East region’s human resource sector started rethinking its team development methods and looked deep inside for new answers to both business and personal growth, said an expert.
“Whatever is happening in your life right now is a result of the way you have chosen to lead yourself inside. Therefore, it is so important to be in touch with what is going on inside your mind and to become more self-aware to make sure that you achieve what you really want to achieve,” remarked Carol Talbot, a top learning consultant.
Talbot is a Dubai-based fire starter, considered by some to be the region’s leading Master NLP Expert having worked with more than 20,000 people across multiple sectors in her twenty year career.
Talbot said she was referring to both inside the organisation, as well as encouraging team members to look inside themselves.
She observed that change can mean an uncomfortable ride for some. "The world is in transition, and many of us may feel unsettled by this. On one hand, organisations have an urgent need for people who are ready and able to face the uncertain reality, with courage and conviction," she remarked.
"Having said this, they also have a responsibility to help guide team members through this," Talbot noted.
Indeed, research suggests that at any one time, more than one third of the workforce is disengaged and negatively influence the good work of engaged employees.
“When people are disengaged, they sap and drain the energy of others, including clients and customers. Hence it is essential for people in the people business to ignite a positive energy,” Talbot observed.
She said her ‘Fired Up Formula’ was a palatable recipe for change, one that gives individuals the opportunity to tap into their inner leader by igniting from the inside.
Her first book, “Hitting the Wall…..and breaking through” (published in 2007) available on Amazon, shows the readers how they can tap into creativity and find new ways forward and deal with life in more effective ways.
“There is the difference between lighting a match and a volcano. Light up a match, it burns for a few seconds and peters out. However, the fire of a volcano comes right from the core of the earth with a power that’s everlasting. Imagine being able to tap into that kind of power and shift the negativity. That is when you’re truly fired up.”
Talbot pointed out that high positive energy could be achieved when inner motivations were understood.
“Success begins in your mind! Discover what you’re really doing inside your head, dramatically improve your results and improve your focus and personal power,” she added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released