American culture expo opens in Bahrain
Manama, May 20, 2012
America Week Bahrain, featuring a series of special US-themed events, is set to kick off in the kingdom today (May 20).
The event gets underway at Seef Mall at 5pm with an exhibition of paintings inspired by the US landscape and culture.
The exhibition, America through the Artist's Eye, has been put together by members of the American Women's Association.
It will be open to the public from 5pm and visitors can also interact with the artists.
The week's events will be officially launched at 6pm in the presence of US Ambassador Thomas Krajeski and Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro.
It will be followed by a comedy show at 7pm at the Crowne Plaza, featuring comedians Nemr Abou Nasser and Yousif Taha.
A business symposium gets underway tomorrow from 9am at the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry, while seminars on US education opportunities will take place tomorrow, Tuesday and Wednesday at Seef Mall from 5pm.
On Tuesday, the Bahrain American Cultural Exchange Society and the US Embassy are organising an evening for Bahraini alumni of US universities featuring a performance by Arab-American country singer Kareem Salama at the Movenpick Hotel from 7pm.
A Discover America tourism showcase will take place at 1pm on Wednesday at Fraser Suites, followed by a US quiz night at Hard Rock Cafe at 7pm and the opening of the "American Art Space" at Al Riwaq Art Gallery, in Adliya, at the same time.
On Thursday, there will be an American Fair trade, car and motorcycle show at the Royal Golf Club from 2pm to 7pm, followed by a screening of US film classic Casablanca at Seef Cineplex from 7pm.
The American Fair will continue on Friday from 9am to 4pm, with a Harley Davidson friendship ride from Marriott Executive Apartments to the Royal Golf Club at 7.30am followed by a jazz night at the InterContinental Regency Bahrain hotel's Downtown at 6pm.
Activities will conclude on Saturday with the American Women's Association Spring Craft Bazaar at the Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel, Residence and Spa from 11am to 5pm, along with a basketball tournament and sports day at Al Najma Club from 10am. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps