Bahrain plans popular events for summer fest
Manama, May 29, 2012
Bahrain Summer 2012 Festival, set to kick off next month, will feature a theatrical performance, musical shows and children's concerts, among a number of other spectacular events, said a top government official.
The festival will launch on June 14, and will run for four weeks under the slogan Manama, the City of Joy and is being organised by the Culture Ministry at Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre (BIECC).
'Our programme this year is lively and interactive, dedicated to the future of children, families and all guests,' said Culture Minister Shaikha Mai bint Mohammed Al Khalifa during a Press conference yesterday (May 28) at the Bahrain National Museum.
'We have compiled a varied agenda to ensure that all tastes are catered to, including musical, cultural and educational events and activities from the region and beyond.
'We want to show the real special cultural aspect about Bahrain, in a way that allows us to maintain our heritage and traditions. We have also compiled the events line-up in one television commercial that will be broadcast on Bahrain TV to promote the festival and to reach families inside their homes.'
Bahrain's most popular mascot, Nakhool, will also return and will host children at the BIECC with educational and entertaining programmes daily from 2pm until 7pm.
'Nakhool City programme will focus this year on developing children's talents through creative series of workshops and activities,' said ministry public relations head Hisham Al Saken.
'They will get the chance to innovate through the daily programmes that were brought from all over the world.'
The festival will also feature eight key events in addition to workshops, competitions and puppet shows.
Some of the major highlights include Russian theatrical performance, Slava's Snow Show, one of the world's renowned musicals, the Sound of Music, a performance by the region's top hip hop artist Qusai and Bahrain's own Hala Al Turk.
Tickets are required for all events, except for Nakhool City and the Wooden Circus. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs