MasterPeace signs up Memac as partner
Beirut, May 29, 2012
MasterPeace, an international bottom-up peace movement aiming at bridging world conflicts, said it has appointed Memac Ogilvy as its public relations consultant in the Mena region.
As per the deal, Memac Ogilvy will be handling the media relations, strategic counseling and brand stewardess for MasterPeace’s overall objectives of peace-building and creating a world with fewer conflicts, no nuclear arms, extensive international co-operation and active support for peace projects, said a company statement.
On September 21, 2014, MasterPeace aims to embrace the most heated conflicts worldwide in a performance gathering artists from conflict areas, world leaders and top musicians side by side bringing a message of positivity and togetherness, it stated.
Cairo will be transformed into a Peace Capital in the week before the concert as the city will host several inspiring peace meetings bringing together world leaders, marketeers, NGOs and social entrepreneurs for peace building innovation and information exchange.
Documentaries of the exchange of vision, values, experiences and dreams will be broadcasted worldwide and especially in the conflict areas for the sake of peace building, said the statement.
'We are working for the higher purpose of bridging world’s conflicts. As the day of the concert draws nearer we will need more supporters and advocates to the initiative, hence the partnership with Memac Ogilvy,' remarked CEO Mohamed Helmy.
Commenting on the win, Tarek Lasheen, PR director of Memac Ogilvy Egypt said, 'We are looking forward to co-operating with such a great movement with which we as Memac Ogilvy share the same principles and values.'
'Fulfillment of world peace has always been the dream of every person in the world and we are lucky to get a real shot at this. MasterPeace is the type of client where PR practitioners flex their muscles both conventionally and unconventionally,' he added.
A multinational advertising & PR agency, Memac Ogilvy started its operation in Bahrain in 1984. The company is a joint venture between Middle East Marketing and Advertising Company (Memac) and Ogilvy Worldwide.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released