Juliana Down to represent Audi in Mideast
Dubai, May 29, 2012
German automaker Audi has picked Dubai-based rock band Juliana Down as its brand ambassador for the Middle East.
Juliana Down became the first band from the Middle East region to sign with a major record label, Sony Music Middle East, and have supported high profile acts such as Guns N’ Roses, Muse and Maroon 5.
The band wrote the official anthem for the Emirates Airline Dubai Rugby Sevens and their current album Empire’ shot to number 3 in the Virgin sales charts in its first week of release.
The band will now be involved in the launch of Audi’s latest compact SUV model, the Q3.
After performing live at its regional premiere at the Dubai Motor Show in November last year, Juliana Down provided the official soundtrack for the SUV’s TV commercial based on their popular anthem ‘Control’.
The band also features in the accompanying print advertising campaign. Further performances for Audi customers and fans are planned.
Jeff Mannering, managing director of Audi Middle East, said: “Juliana Down has its roots and soul in the Middle East. Not only do we love to support regional talent, but their international sound and genuine talent reflects the personality of our Q3 and connects with our customers.”
The band has just returned from Hollywood, CA, after performing at the 2012 MUSEXPO, a top music conference which has previously seen breakthrough appearances by Katy Perry, LMFAO and Jessy J, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Twitter chief to kick off Digital Media Forum
- Saxo Bank launches TV channel
- Nawras launches data roaming solution
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1bn deal
- Promoaction DDB wins Zain Saudi account
- Bahrain launches eContent award for 2013
- Hackers target radio station portal in Bahrain
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Saudi woman creates history by climbing Everest
- Top Doha museum showcases Qatar heritage