RAK ropes in top director for promotion film
Ras Al Khaimah, June 7, 2012
Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (TDA) has partnered with an award winning director for a new movie that provides a glimpse of the rising emirate’s history and activities covering rich culture and heritage.
The film also offers a feel of the destination besides introducing local traditions, diverse landscape, natural beauty and wildlife together with different adventure and sports activities, shopping malls and exclusive hotels and resorts.
The Dh1.2 million ($326,722) movie was made by the Ras Al Khaimah TDA in successful collaboration with the South African director Jacques Mulder, the winner of the Abu Dhabi Film Commission (ADFC) award.
Mulder, who belonged to Mudville Production, had trained and worked in the US, UK, France and South Africa before heading to the Middle East in 2000. The very next year, he was selected by Abu Dhabi Film Commission (ADFC) among potential candidates to receive the award for best screenplay.
With more than 18 years directing TV commercials, music videos, documentaries, short movies, Mulder was the right candidate to head the Dh1.2 million movie showcasing this rising emirate.
Victor Louis, COO of Ras Al Khaimah TDA said, “We are happy to work together with an exclusive movie director like Mulder, who was successfully able to convey our message to visitors exploring the emirate as its best, showing the friendly environment, the relaxing atmosphere and warm Arabian hospitality that makes our destination unique.”
Located only 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport with 64 km of shoreline, Ras Al Khaimah offers a leisure, adventure and affordable luxury experience to its visitors with a variety of entertainment and relaxation facilities including international hotels & resorts, exclusive cuisines and world-class spas, as well as desert camps, golf courses, water sports and light aviation.
Describing his experience, Jac said: “The 16 days of filming were filled with adventure, efforts and teamwork. With the support of Ras Al KhaimahTDA, we discovered more about this fantastic emirate and experienced the great hospitality of its residents.'
'One of the highlights was meeting Sheikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah, which made the experience spectacular,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal