MasterCard names new VP Communications
Dubai, June 19, 2012
MasterCard has recently appointed Sami Lahoud as vice president - Communications, Middle East and Africa with the responsibility to drive the corporate communications function for the company.
Based in Dubai, Lahoud will optimise MasterCard’s brand visibility and reputation across the three main divisions that compose the MEA region, namely; Mena, Sub-Saharan Africa and South Africa.
Michael Miebach, president, Middle East and Africa, MasterCard Worldwide, said: “Sami’s credentials are of the highest caliber and he brings a wealth of experience in some of the most challenging communications environments.”
“This is a clear benefit to MasterCard and all our stakeholders. As part of a strategic decision to invest in resources in the region, Sami’s appointment will put MasterCard in a strong position to drive greater awareness and value of MasterCard products and brand across Middle East and Africa.”
Before joining MasterCard, Lahoud worked with Barclays where he established the Corporate Affairs function for the Emerging Markets region which was set up to spearhead the growth of Barclays Retail and Corporate business in the Middle East, Africa, Asia and East Europe.
During his extensive career in communications, Lahoud worked for leading communications consultancies such as Weber Shandwick and Hill & Knowlton. He also was the Business Editor of Al Iktissad Wal Aamal magazine, a leading pan Arab business publication.
Lahoud holds a master’s degree in Money & Banking from the American University of Beirut. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal