1,000 to attend poetry book launch
Manama, June 26, 2012
More than 1,000 people are expected to attend an in international poetry session where Bahrain-based poet Saeed Qais will release his sixth Punjabi poetry book ‘Khari Mitti’.
The event is set to be held on July 5 at the Cultural Hall next to Bahrain National Museum.
It will be held under the patronage of Pakistan Embassy and attended by Ambassador Jauhar Saleem, who will be chief guest, along with renowned writer Khalid Sharif.
Poets from Pakistan, India and the GCC who will take part in the event include Saima Kamran (Pakistan), Sharif (Pakistan), Moahmmed Kamran (Pakistan), Asnath Kanwal (Pakistan), Jauhar Kanpuri (India), Altaf Zia (India), Mumtaz Rashid (Qatar), Suahil Saqib (Saudi Arabia) and Saleem Piracha (Saudi Arabia).
Qais, 85, has written five Urdu poetry books and received awards for his work to promote Urdu literature in Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- US firm to launch underwater sports in Gulf
- Social media forum draws global experts in Bahrain
- Sharjah unveils 'Islamic Capital' show venue
- BAC wins eContent award for new website
- Media academy planned in Bahrain
- Sony wins $143m Al Jazeera project
- Abu Dhabi Sports launches new mobile app
- Bahrain film nominated for IWC award
- Adnec seals strategic deal with Spanish firm
- Al Jazeera picks Canon as global lens provider