New project to empower Bahraini women
Manama, July 1, 2012
A programme aimed at promoting Bahraini women's political development and awareness will be launched in September, said a top official.
Bahrain Political Development Institute (BPDI) will spearhead the scheme in co-operation with the Supreme Council for Women (SCW), in line with the National Dialogue recommendations and the National Women's Development Strategy.
The programme will run until December 2014.
His Majesty King Hamad's political adviser for media affairs and BPDI board of trustees' chairman Nabeel Al Hamer stressed the importance of the programme in encouraging women to vote and run in elections, promote their political awareness and anchor civil society values.
SCW secretary-general Hala Al Ansari described women's political development as a top priority for the council. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN launches first combat sports channel
- Etihad launches holiday photo contest
- Al Jazeera weighs bid for $1bn Turkish pay-TV
- New UAE road safety website launched
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- Yahoo in Saudi Professional League tieup
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Mepra
- Bahrain big inspiration for top US designer
- Three 'Avatar' sequels to be made in New Zealand
- Instagram photography contest launched