Canon names winners of photo contest
Cairo, July 5, 2012
Canon Middle East, a leader in imaging solutions, recently announced the winners of a photo competition that the company launched on March 31 in line with its celebration of Earth Hour 2012.
The My Earth, My Lens competition invited participants to capture powerful images of nature – ranging from photographs of the ocean to pictures of gardens. These needed to be accompanied by a photo caption that best captured the essence of the image.
Dina El Seyoufy, a photographer from Cairo, was picked as the top winner for the region wide competition and will walk away with a Canon Powershot A2300. The photograph was captioned “Sun straggling to shine on a winter cloudy day” and the shot was taken with Canon’s S95 camera.
“I am thrilled to be recognised by Canon and to win the top slot from across the Middle East. This is very encouraging for amateur photographers such as myself and I now feel more motivated to take my skills to the next level,” El Seyoufy said.
Mai Youssef, corporate communications manager, Canon Middle East, said: “At Canon we are always trying to inspire people’s creativity and innovation and we are very pleased by the response we have received for this competition. We are committed to support the budding artistic talent in the region.”
“At the same time, this competition aims to combine the power of image with awareness around sustainable environments. We hope that through this competition more people have come to appreciate the natural beauty around them.”
The second position was taken by Meriem Chafai from the UAE while the third spot was filled by Mowafaq Abaneh from Jordan.
The initiative complements Canon’s celebration of its 10 year anniversary in the Middle East, with CSR a major aspect of the celebrations. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai Culture launches Instagram contest
- Dubai arts consultancy wins major hotel deal
- Du campaign sweeps Dubai Lynx Awards
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps