Batelco, UCB launch graphic design contest
Manama, July 8, 2012
Batelco, the leading telecom services provider in Bahrain, recently launched a graphic design competition for students in association with University College of Bahrain (UCB).
The competition Your Masterpiece, Your Design invited students of UCB to devise, create and execute engaging concepts that can be implemented at Batelco’s retail shops.
The competition involved the creation of an artwork that would be appropriate for use, with the students taking on the role of the design agency. The participating students attended presentations and workshops and received feedback on their work before submitting their final presentations to Batelco.
A panel of judges from Batelco Consumer Division Marketing Team selected four finalists based on their skills in a number of areas including artwork, presentation and originality.
The final winner, Hana Yaseen- third year student at UCB, Graphic Design Department, demonstrated creativity with her concept using digital and photographic techniques.
Batelco Public Relations general manager Ahmed Janahi said that providing such an opportunity for the graphic design students allowed them to utilise the skills they have learned through their courses at UCB, in a real life project.
“The experience enriched the students’ knowledge and will undoubtedly help to prepare them for the challenges they will face once they enter the workforce,” Janahi said.
“We extend our thanks to all who participated and presented such great work. Congratulations to the winner and we look forward to see her excel in her career,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai Culture launches Instagram contest
- Dubai arts consultancy wins major hotel deal
- Du campaign sweeps Dubai Lynx Awards
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps