Dubai plans glitzy events during year-end
Dubai, September 6, 2012
Dubai, ranked among the top 10 tourism destinations by Euromonitor International, will host some of the world’s most spectacular events featuring top celebrities this November and December.
International pop star Jennifer Lopez, who was recently named the world’s most powerful Latina by Forbes Magazine, will make her Dubai debut on November 22.
Lopez’s glamorous Dance Again live show will be held at the Dubai Media City Amphitheatre. This will be Lopez’s only performance in the Middle East brought by Dubai Calendar, the official listing of events in Dubai.
Current world number one golfer Rory Mcllroy will be joined by top ranking golf players in the Race to Dubai 2012 and DP World Tour Championship.
Played at the Greg Norman designed Jumeirah Golf Estates’ Earth Course, it will be a spectacular season-ending showpiece to the 2012 European Tour season.
Play takes place between November 22-25, with a $8million tournament prize purse up for grabs in the DP World Championships and an additional $3.75 million 2012 Race to Dubai bonus pool, will be awarded between the season’s top ten players.
Golf lovers will also have the chance to attend the Omega Dubai Ladies Masters, held at the Emirates Golf Club from December 2 to 8. Michelle Wie, named by Time magazine as 'one of 100 people who shape our world,' will be making her fourth appearance at the tournament.
Australian multi-instrumental musician and singer-songwriter Gotye will perform popular songs from his platinum-certified albums on November 23 at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
The FAI World Parachuting Championships 2012 which will be hosted in Dubai for the first time from November 29 – December 9. More than 800 parachutists are expected to participate in competitions of formation skydiving, canopy formations, accurate landing, free-fall flying amongst others.
The Emirates Airline Dubai Rugby Sevens will take place this year from November 29 to December 1 at the Sevens Stadium.
Movie buffs will get a sneak preview at an eclectic mix of the latest movies during the ninth Dubai International Film Festival from December 9 to 16, at the Madinat Jumeirah.
Dubai will also host the Dubai International Jewellery Week from November 21 to 24 at the Dubai World Trade Centre. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal