BPG Group launches social media unit
Dubai, September 16, 2012
The BPG Group, an integrated marketing solutions group in the Mena region and a member of the WPP Group, has launched a new dedicated social media business unit.
The unit, named BPG|Social, was launched during the BPG Group’s 19th annual offsite attended by its team of over 200 marketing solutions professionals.
BPG|Social strategically fits within the BPG Group’s existing integrated structure, complementing its dynamic integrated media solutions approach and moving the BPG Group further into the digital landscape following the launch of BPG Maxus in 2009 and BPG Possible in 2010, a statement said.
Avi Bhojani, BPG Group CEO said: “Social media management has been traditionally offered through individual disciplines like media, PR, digital, advertising & activation What is in fact needed is an integrated social media solutions approach, which demystifies the process, and fits into BPG’s philosophy of offering game changing marketing solutions achieved through seamless integrated delivery.”
“Today, we are launching BPG|Social, which will allow clients to enter into the Social Media conversation with their stakeholders, alongside existing traditional marketing solutions.”
BPG|Social will be based out of BPG Group’s headquarters in Dubai, and will have its own consolidated management team and community managers that will consult, offer advice and service clients via a number of strategically developed proprietary offerings.
BPG|Social general manager will be Noah Khan, the current business head of BPG Possible. He will provide his expertise and digital media industry know how, to the strategic and executive team in the new unit.
“Social media has enabled brands to engage and converse with their audience like never before. BPG|Social will work with our clients to tap into the brand’s fullest potential and create long and meaningful relationships in the digital social media space,” Khan said.
BPG|Social’s primary challenge will be to clearly communicate the benefits of social media and demystify the platforms to both current and potential clients, said Arif Ladhabhoy, BPG|Social director, Client Engagement.
“Understanding how social media can change human attitude and perception is elemental to anyone who wants to capitalise on its power and maximise its effectiveness and efficiency.
“By recognising and harnessing this, companies can build and maintain positive sentiment and affinity among their audiences. Our goal will be to ensure our clients incorporate the right strategy, understanding of medium and audience as well as honest conversations to succeed in the future,” he added.
Ari Kesisoglu, managing director, Google Mena said: “As social media technologies develop, it is becoming increasingly important for companies to connect with customers in the right ways at the right moments. Thus it is very encouraging to see the formation of BPG|Social, who will be able to use their collective experience to provide integrated solutions in this area.”
BPG|Social will commence operations in the beginning of October. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Majid Al Futtaim plans cinema expansion
- Dubai Culture launches Instagram contest
- Dubai arts consultancy wins major hotel deal
- Du campaign sweeps Dubai Lynx Awards
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends