Plingm launches Arabic app
Stockholm, September 25, 2012
Plingm, a Swedish based mobile VoIP app, has launched its first Arabic version to benefit from the growing use of mobile VOIP in the Middle East.
Since January this year, the number of Plingm app-users has increased by 5,000 percent, a number which mirrors the increased use of mobile VoIP in the Middle East and Northern Africa, which is also comparable with the growth of Twitter users in the region, a statement said.
To meet this demand, Plingm has localised the app, which is available both on Android, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, it said.
"We are witnessing an influx of new mobile VoIP users in Middle East and Northern Africa. With Plingm in Arabic, we believe that many more will discover the benefits of free communication," says Pandelis Eliopoulos, Plingm co-founder.
In Egypt's App Store, six of the top ten free social networking apps are VoIP apps. In Jordan the figure is five out of ten, and in both Saudi Arabia and Tunisia four VoIP apps are amongst top ten in the social networking category. In US, Finland and Sweden only two of the top ten free social networking apps are VoIP apps, it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Majid Al Futtaim plans cinema expansion
- Dubai Culture launches Instagram contest
- Dubai arts consultancy wins major hotel deal
- Du campaign sweeps Dubai Lynx Awards
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends