Nawras launches social media SMS service
Muscat, September 30, 2012
Nawras, a leading telecom service provider in Oman, has launched two new social media SMS services which allow customers to use their Facebook and Twitter accounts.
The new services allow all Nawras customers, including those without a smartphone, to have easy access to their network of contacts through social media services by sending an SMS to a dedicated number.
To use Twitter, new members or existing members simply need to send ‘start’ to 90914.To use the Facebook service, members can send ‘fb’ to 90913 and follow the instructions.
Alternatively by logging into their Facebook account from a computer, customers can configure the mobile phone option so each message sent will then be linked to their account.
Al Muhanna Jaifar Al Said, Nawras product manager, said, “These unique, interactive services give Nawras customers more options to get closer through their social networks. We constantly look for new ways to meet customers’ ever changing communication needs by deliver caring and excellent services.”
“Social media has totally changed the way in which we communicate today and it is becoming increasingly popular in Oman. Nawras aims to continuously be at the forefront of the industry by exploring new communications mediums and evolving with changes in customer usage styles,” he added.
Using the new service, customers of Facebook can also provide status updates, add friends and follow status of other friends via SMS sent to 90913. Tweets can be sent by SMS to 90914. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released