Euromoney in key Qatar events partnership
Doha, October 8, 2012
Euromoney Conferences, the leading organiser of financial events in both developed and developing markets, has announced a major partnership with Qatari institutions, to bring a series of global financial events into the Gulf state.
The first event in this three-year project will be the Euromoney Qatar Conference, under the theme “Global Finance: Re-Designed” to be held at The Ritz-Carlton in Doha from December 11 to 12. It will be supported by an extensive online presence.
At the first event, experts from around the world will discuss the global financial crisis and the new global economic pressures and opportunities facing dynamic high-growth nations like Qatar, said the events arm of Euromoney Institutional Investor.
Euromoney will bring its editorial expertise, financial focus and global network to Doha to work with Qatari government and private institutions to influence the debate on the evolution of global finance.
The Euromoney Qatar Conference is co-hosted by Qatar Central Bank, with senior lead sponsor Qatar National Bank; lead sponsors Commercial Bank of Qatar and International Bank of Qatar; co-sponsor Qatar Islamic Bank; and associate sponsor Qatar First Investment Bank.
The Qatar Central Bank, under the patronage of Sheikh Hamad Bin Jassim Bin Jabr Al-Thani, Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, has been the driving force behind this initiative and has mobilised much of Qatar’s financial community to contribute and take part alongside their international counterparts, said a top official.
Euromoney’s regional director Richard Banks said the company was very much excited about its first large-scale project with Qatar.
"We know that with the close support of the government and the Central Bank we can add a great deal not only to the debate on the future of global finance but also to the development of Qatar both as a financial market and as a global investor," Banks added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal