Yusuffali (Left) with the President of India,
LuLu chief heads Gulf NRI power list
Dubai, October 14, 2012
Yusuffali M A, the managing director of Emke Group which runs the LuLu Hypermarkets, tops a new list of powerful Indians in the Gulf.
He ranks top for the second successive year on the Arabian Business Indian Power List.
Kataria Holdings chairman Raghuvinder Kataria, a founding shareholder of Bharti Airtel, ranks second on the list, while IFFCO Group’s Feroz Allana is in the third place. Saudi Arabia-based Ravi Pillai, chairman of RP Group of Companies, took the fourth place and Landmark Group founder Micky Jagtiani the fifth place.
The top 10 on the list also inlcude: Sanjeev Mehta - chairman of Unilever North Africa and Middle East (sixth); Ajay Bindroo - Group CEO, Super Max Group (seventh), V. Shankar - Standard Chartered Bank CEO (eighth); Harshad Mehta - chairman of Rosy Blue Trading (ninth) and B R Shetty - NMC Group chairman (tenth).
Emke Group has an annual turnover of $4.5 billion and employs around 27,000 people, according tofor the second successive year. However,
The 2012 list is dominated by retailers, who account for 26 places on the list, ahead of bankers and industrialists with 24 spots.
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Bahrain Wahooo! in new Guinness record bid
- Bahrain extends deadline for eContent award
- Saudi to block WhatsApp ‘within weeks’
- Abu Dhabi, Dubai to share UAE Pro League broadcast
- ME firms set for Asia's biggest infocomm show
- Emirates set for FIFA Confederations Cup
- Qatari films to showcase at UK festival
- Bahrain rights ministry on Twitter, Facebook
- Batelco launches photography contest
- Etihad contact centre wins top Mideast award