Yusuffali (Left) with the President of India,
LuLu chief heads Gulf NRI power list
Dubai, October 14, 2012
Yusuffali M A, the managing director of Emke Group which runs the LuLu Hypermarkets, tops a new list of powerful Indians in the Gulf.
He ranks top for the second successive year on the Arabian Business Indian Power List.
Kataria Holdings chairman Raghuvinder Kataria, a founding shareholder of Bharti Airtel, ranks second on the list, while IFFCO Group’s Feroz Allana is in the third place. Saudi Arabia-based Ravi Pillai, chairman of RP Group of Companies, took the fourth place and Landmark Group founder Micky Jagtiani the fifth place.
The top 10 on the list also inlcude: Sanjeev Mehta - chairman of Unilever North Africa and Middle East (sixth); Ajay Bindroo - Group CEO, Super Max Group (seventh), V. Shankar - Standard Chartered Bank CEO (eighth); Harshad Mehta - chairman of Rosy Blue Trading (ninth) and B R Shetty - NMC Group chairman (tenth).
Emke Group has an annual turnover of $4.5 billion and employs around 27,000 people, according tofor the second successive year. However,
The 2012 list is dominated by retailers, who account for 26 places on the list, ahead of bankers and industrialists with 24 spots.
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat