Yas Marina set for off-track extravaganza
Abu Dhabi, October 31, 2012
Yas Marina Circuit has announced the full schedule and line-up of off-track entertainment at the 2012 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix taking place from November 2 to 4.
This year’s off-track entertainment will have a distinct carnival-like atmosphere as it will be a celebration of music, motorsport and other fun activities designed to entertain race-goers of all ages and interests.
Open to three-day ticket holders from November 1 and two-day ticket holders from November 3, all off-track entertainment at the Circuit will take place in the F1 Village, located in the Oasis Areas behind the Main, South, and North Grandstands. These three Oasis Areas will transform daily through a variety of interactive games, dance troupes, DJ’s and musical acts.
“This year’s off-track entertainment is set to be our biggest line-up to date,” said Richard Cregan, CEO of Yas Marina Circuit. “Given the endless array of acts and activity options available during the F1 weekend, we’re encouraging ticket holders to get down here early to truly make the most of the fun entertainment and activities on offer."
New activities confirmed for the F1 Village include Water Zorbing, Bumper Cars and the Segway Challenge. Musical acts include DJ Shaf Raisi, DJ Shadia, and Desert Collective, and dance crews Diversity and Trixerx are also set to perform.
In addition to new activities, race-goers can expect many fan favourites like the F1 driver autograph sessions, which gives fans the opportunity to meet their favourite F1 drivers and get signed memorabilia. The Yas Kartzone also returns, enabling children to test their skills, while adults can battle with other race-goers across the circuit in the YMC Linked F1 Simulators.
Gates will open at noon on both November 1 and 4, while gates will open early at 9:30 am on November 2 and 3 to ensure race-goers get the opportunity to experience the full array of activities and entertainment over the weekend.
On track there will also be the bumper-to-bumper action of Australian V8 Supercars.
In addition to the off-track entertainment at Yas Marina Circuit, F1 ticket-holders will also have the opportunity to attend the live concerts by Kylie Minogue on November 2; Nickelback on November 3 and Eminem on November 4. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai Culture launches Instagram contest
- Dubai arts consultancy wins major hotel deal
- Du campaign sweeps Dubai Lynx Awards
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps